Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend in a Nut Shell

I am pretty sure that we can all agree that the weekend always goes to fast.  It doesn't seem to matter whether you have 2 days or 3 days off.  You blink and it's gone!  

Hub-E. and I spent Friday running errands and taking care of much needed chores.  Eww.

Saturday was spent working on custom orders for our Etsy shop -ScissorSistersCreate- and taking it kind of easy.  I made one of our favorite dinners; Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  I will post the recipe in a later post, so stay tuned for it.

Sunday was my fun day.  I have been wanting to make purses and bags for a super long time, and on Sunday I took the plunge.  

You see, I have this fear of sewing patterns.  The fear of not being able to understand what they heck they're telling me to do!  I am sure there is some sort of scientific "phobia" name for that, but I am unaware of it.  If anyone knows what it is, let me know! 

I spent the majority of the day cutting out fabric, very carefully (for those of you who don't know, I am a bit of a perfectionist) and working my way through the pattern.  Slowly, trying not to mess anything up.  I am probably 3/5 of the way through, but had decided I should stop for the day and rest my brain.  

I am happy to say that it has been nothing to be afraid of.  Sometimes I have to read through something 2 or 3...or 4 times to make sure that I am reading it correctly AND processing it correctly.  I am in love with the project so far and can't wait to finish it up and post pics!!

How was your weekend, have a Sunday fun day like I did??

Happy Monday World!

Holly.Rae.

No comments:

Post a Comment